Thursday, May 10, 2012

In studio with J Kirk Richards










So Kirk has been working on these new paintings,  actually transfers drawings,  As a favor, he let me help with them, which makes me feel quite 5 years old again. (OK, he did have me set them on fire.  I wouldn't let my 5 year old do that.) It is amazing to me all that he can get out of so much chaos.  And yet I think the trick is not to push it too hard.  Just let it  work itself out.  Anyway they have so much beautiful randomness,  and primitivenes to them-  a commodity that I am realizing is so much harder to come by, than originally thought.  Since I am working on  these pieces from the Egyptian Book of walking forth by day-  Basically family paintings,  I would like to figure out how to capture some of that primitiveness.  Gougin!  Help!

No comments: